The foot scalder is designed for automatic scalding of poultry feet to facilitate their proper cleaning.
Design and operation:
he foot scalder is made of stainless, acid-resistant materials.
It consists of:
- a trough reinforced with bands, with end plates,
- a wormshaft with a pipe core and coils made of specially profiled metal sheet segments – at the discharge side, the shaft is finished with three symmetrical ejectors,
- a drive unit (transmission + electrical motor) – the wormshaft is mounted in the sleeve of the transmission,
- a hot water supply pipe. Fitted with a discharge valve and temperature sensor.
The scalder should be located under the shackle unloader, so that feet can be unloaded directly into the scalder, and with the help of the wormshaft coils they are moved towards the ejectors while being scalded. Feet discharged to the ramp are transported directly to the cleaner.
- Installed power – 0,18 kW
- Scalding temperature – 65 – 70°C
- L1 – 2500 mm – 14 000 feet per hour
- L2 – 3500 mm – 24 000 feet per hour